TLC Superheroes to the Rescue!
Tulsa-area attorneys have unleashed their legal super powers for some of Tulsa’s youngest and most vulnerable citizens. As volunteers for Tulsa Lawyers for Children (TLC), these TLC Superheroes are using their law degrees to speak for abused and neglected children.
In Tulsa County, one in every 25 children suffers from some form of abuse or neglect.
In fact, the Tulsa Police Department reports a 20% increase in child abuse
and neglect over the past five years (Tulsa World, 2014).
Thankfully, TLC Superheroes fight to ensure abused and neglected children have a champion who represents their best interests in a deprived proceeding. Today, 90 TLC volunteers represent 306 children in 187 cases, but the need for TLC Superheroes to demonstrate their legal super powers continues to grow.
Will you be a TLC Superhero?
Reveal Your Superpowers! Support Tulsa Lawyers for Children
Help Tulsa Lawyers for Children raise $50,000 to ensure the effective and zealous representation of abused and neglected children in Tulsa County by Recruiting, Training and Assisting volunteer attorneys.
- TLC Justice: $50 – Fund 2 Training Manuals for the bi-annual training at The University of Tulsa College of Law <DONATE NOW>
- TLC Protector: $100 – Recruit 4 New TLC Volunteers <DONATE NOW>
- TLC Defender: $250 – Assist TLC Volunteers with monthly client visits. <DONATE NOW>
- TLC Advocate: $500 – Fund 10 Hours of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) training. <DONATE NOW>
- TLC Champion: $3,500 – Provide 1 year of legal representation for an abused or neglected child. <DONATE NOW>
- TLC Superhero: $Priceless – Become a Volunteer
TLC programs and operations are made possible through the contributions of individuals, local corporations and foundations. Lawyers represent children on a pro bono basis and no donations go towards the cost of legal fees.
Additional Ways to Help
Stand Up Against Abuse & Neglect! Help Spread the Word
- ‘LIKE’ the Tulsa Lawyers for Children Facebook page:
- Post the Donation Link to your Facebook page: https://tulsa lawyersforchildren.org
(Tag your friends to encourage others to do the same. Get some social traction.)
- Forward the Donation Link to 10 friends, and invite them to contribute.
- Take a “TLC Superhero UNselfie” and post your photo on Facebook.
TLC Superhero UNselfie
Download the Superhero poster here.
The UNselfie, or the selfless selfie, is a powerful way to show how you are giving and why giving is important to you. Show your support for Tulsa Lawyers for Children by posting a “TLC Superhero UNselfie.”
How do I UNselfie for TLC?
- Download and print a “TLC Superhero UNselfie” poster
- Take a “selfie” with a “TLC Superhero UNselfie” poster explaining how or why you and/or your friends are giving to Tulsa Lawyers for Children this year.
- Post it to Instagram, Facebook and/or Twitter and share with friends!